Sunday, April 5, 2015

Phew!!!

       Today I have successfully recorded my entire film. It was a much longer process than I anticipated. First, I had to get the setting ready. I made my room look extremely messy. A box of donuts was sitting on my chest and a pair of underwear was hanging from the ceiling fan. Once we were done wrecking my room, we were ready to record.
      I had two people help me record, my friend Jay and my mom. My mom was needed for a few scenes and she did an awesome job. Jay was nice enough to help me record every second of this tedious process. Some shots required him to get out on the side of the road to record me driving by. Regardless of what I asked, he was willing to do it. It took us a total of three hours to record.
       Once we were done, I immediately started to edit. I had over 4 minutes of film to cut down to 2. However, it's always better to overshoot than to undershoot. The shots we took came out great. I am only redoing the last scene because it didn't come out how I intended. I also still do not have music for my video. I have a list of possible songs that I could use but so far I haven't received a response from any record label. I realized, however, that music isn't necessary so it's no big deal if I don't receive approval. I have about 3 days to finalize, which is plenty of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment