Thursday, March 5, 2015

Day 1: The Beginning

     

       Today starts the day of the creative process. I have begun to brainstorming ideas for my film opening. I have started with my passions: cars and basketball. I wanted to create a storyline that dealt with racing. However, after thought, I am not sure that I have an adequate amount of the cars or hands (I'm in a group alone) to create such an opening. However, since this is just an opening, I do not need to film the plot so racing does not have to be filmed. I then moved my thoughts towards basketball. The subject of basketball is a simple concept and is easy to record, however creating a substantial story around it is challenging. Perhaps I can incorporate a part of basketball into the opening and not base the entire thing around it.
       Creating a storyline is proving to be difficult because I do not want it to be cliché. A different story will help the opening be a memorable one. For now it seems that my car themed opening is the front runner. I am thinking of conveying a story of a man who pursued his childhood dream in becoming a racecar driver. In the opening I would incorporate a young boy playing with toy cars. The present day character would pick up a photo of his younger self playing with toy cars which would then transition seamlessly into the childhood plot. During this time, the child would be playing with cars and the credit names would appear with events. For example, a name could appear between the loop of a toy racecar track as the child drops the car onto it.

No comments:

Post a Comment