Friday, March 6, 2015

Genre Planning

      
       I want my film to be able to be watched by anyone. As a result, I began to research family films. In doing so, I have found typical characteristics to involve absence of explicit language and content. I came across a characteristic that is present among most but not all, an emotional heartfelt storyline. Two family films that have an convey this type of storyline are Finding Nemo and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. These films kept audiences engaged with their emotional story.
      
       The challenge now becomes establishing the genre within a two-minute opening. Perhaps I can introduce another character, the father of the young child. I could introduce the bond they share together with racing cars. The father could have a background as a professional racer himself and the desire to see his son follow in his footsteps. To really gain the audiences attention and heart, the father's death would be implied. To do this, the present day boy will carry around a picture of himself and his father while in the past the young boy was physically with his father.

Source used:
http://www.imdb.com/genre/family





No comments:

Post a Comment