Friday, March 13, 2015

Take Action

       I believe it is essential to look at past films and learn from them. I have researched successful films of similar genre to the one that I am creating. My film is about a boy who gets his life together and ultimately finds success. The audience should be able to take a life lesson from my film. Therefore, my film will be an inspirational family movie.
       Different inspirational movies have different lessons that you can take away from them. I found a movie that has a similar lesson to the one that I am creating. The Pursuit of Happyness inspires the viewer to take action with their life. My movie will depict a teenager who takes action and goes to his dream without waiting for his dream to come to him. Likewise in The Pursuit of Happyness, Chris Gardner does not settle living in poverty. He proves himself as a worthy stock broker.
       The Pursuit of Happyness was based on a true story. When audiences know that, they immediately get more tied into the story because they believe it is true. However, a lot of the parts aren't based on the true story. In my film, I cannot base it on a true story but I can add aspects that tie the viewer into the plot. In The Pursuit of Happyness Chris Gardner lost his house and wife, drawing the audience's emotions into the story. My main character should have a background that also draws in the audience, whether it be poverty, lost father, etc.



“You got a dream. You gotta protect it. People can’t do somethin’ themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want somethin’, go get it. Period.” – Chris Gardner





Salina, I. (n.d.). Life Lessons From These 16 Inspiring Movies You Must Watch Before Age 40. Retrieved March 13, 2015, from http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/life-lessons-from-these-18-inspiring-movies-you-must-watch-before-age-40.html







No comments:

Post a Comment