Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Search

       The foundation of my opening has been laid. However, I have not yet conquered the tedious and ongoing hunt for a song to use. I have contacted two record labels so far. They have not yet answered my emails (it's been over a week). I will continue to contact more until a label responds.
       As I stated before, the foundation is set. The problem I am experiencing is that I have different ideas for different songs. My first choice of song, "Talking to myself", by Chiddy Bang sets a completely different tone than my second choice, "The Lazy Song" by Bruno Mars. "The Lazy Song" is much more quirky than "Talking to Myself". Also, the timing for certain shots is different due to the differing beats.
       I have not yet filmed. Depending on the song, there are differences in how the opening will be presented. For example, "Talking to Myself" has a laid back opening and then suddenly transitions into a rapid upbeat. If I were to use this song, the first 7 seconds or so would be a completely black screen. When the beat unleashes my video will begin, gaining the audiences attention. "The Lazy Song", on the other hand, starts its instrumental immediately, so the video would begin immediately and no black screen would be used. Overall, I hope to hear back from a label soon so I can set my ideas in stone rather than hypothesize.




     

No comments:

Post a Comment